Foodborne Infections and Intoxications, 5th Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
Foodborne Infections and Intoxications, 5th edition brings together up-to-date, relevant interdisciplinary expertise of 70 authors presenting foodborne disease pathogens and toxins, microbiology, disease diagnosis and treatment, epidemiology, and disease prevention in the context of public health and food safety regulation. Beginning with the estimation of foodborne disease burden at the international scale, this book dives deep in foodborne disease outbreak investigation, food safety risk assessment, and molecular analysis, together with detailed descriptions of the major bacteria, viruses, parasites, and toxins associated with foodborne illness. This new edition also emphasizes development of risk-based approaches to food safety and safety regulation implementation.
This book is a valuable scientific resource for understanding causes and management of foodborne diseases. The new edition offers the latest knowledge and updates on foodborne infections and intoxications and food safety for multiple generations of students, investigators, public health workers, food scientists, and food safety practitioners.
- Covers all major foodborne pathogens and toxins, and new emerging pathogens
- Includes newly updated information on the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and other regulatory approaches to food safety
- Includes new chapters on foodborne disease outbreak investigations and use of molecular epidemiologic techniques in these investigations
- Publisher: Elsevier Science; June 24, 2021
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-0128195192
- ISBN: 9780128195192
- eText ISBN: 9780128205747