COVID-ology: A Field Guide (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Michael T. Myers Jr.
The COVID-19 outbreak and response has been characterized by institutional missteps, media misinformation, and economic and social upheavals. This book is intended to de-mystify and inform in a succinct and straightforward text. The lessons shared are applicable to other infectious diseases and future inevitable pandemics. Readers will learn about the origins of COVID-19, the disease it causes, tests and how they work, therapeutics and prophylactic measures such as vaccines. This text prepares readers to be better able to respond to future emerging infectious diseases and pandemics.
- Positively influences career choices within public health
- Applies basic science to problems raised by the COVID-19 pandemic such as vaccine development and herd immunity
- Prepares readers with context and tactics for understanding future infectious disease outbreaks
- Successfully used in college senior health sciences seminars
- Engaging and balanced treatment of the politicization of public health issues, especially COVID-19
- Publisher : CRC Press; 1st edition (December 16, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1032316039
- ISBN-13 : 978-1032316031