Medical Microbiology and Infection at a Glance, 5th Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Stephen H. Gillespie, Kathleen B. Bamford
Medical Microbiology and Infection at a Glance
The market-leading at a Glance series is popular among healthcare students and newly qualified practitioners for its concise, simple approach and excellent illustrations.
Each bite-sized chapter is covered in a double-page spread with clear, easy-to-follow diagrams, supported by succinct explanatory text.
Covering a wide range of topics, books in the at a Glance series are ideal as introductory texts for teaching, learning and revision, and are useful throughout university and beyond.
Everything you need to know about Microbiology and Infection… at a Glance!
In the newly revised and expanded fifth edition of Medical Microbiology and Infection at a Glance, distinguished authors Stephen H. Gillespie and Kathleen B. Bamford deliver a concise and popular introduction to medical microbiology that encapsulates foundational facts and principles in this rapidly growing and evolving subject area.
Fully revised and updated to include brand new research, the authors have added several new chapters on subjects including sepsis, infections disease eradication, the ‘normal’ flora in health and disease, non-tuberculous mycobacteria, antifungal therapy, bioterrorism, and high consequence infections. Readers will also benefit from the inclusion of:
- A thorough introduction to fundamental concepts in medical microbiology, including pathogen classification, innate and acquired immunity, and flora in health and disease
- Infection control, antibiotic resistance, and new and emerging infections and their control
- An exploration of bacteriology, including Staphylococcal, streptococcal infection, Gram-positive cocci and the alpha-haemolytic streptococci, TB, and leprosy
- A practical discussion of virology, including virus structure and classification, herpes viruses, DNA viruses, measles, mumps, rubella, and influenza
- A concise description of mycology and parasitology
- The impact of infection on all of the body systems
Medical Microbiology and Infection at a Glance is perfect for undergraduates studying medicine and medical science, as well as Foundation Programme doctors and interns looking for a rapid update in infection practice in microbiology. This concise but comprehensive book will also earn a place on the shelves of those training in allied health professions, notably nursing and laboratory science, and general microbiology students.
All content reviewed by students for students
Wiley Medical Education books are designed exactly for their intended audience. All of our books are developed in collaboration with students. This means that our books are always published with you, the student, in mind.
If you would like to be one of our student reviewers, go to www.reviewmedicalbooks.com to find out more.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 5th edition (May 2, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 160 pages
- ISBN-10 : 111959216X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119592167
- eText ISBN: 9781119592136