Medical Microbiology, 9th Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
The foremost text in this complex and fast-changing field, Medical Microbiology, 9th Edition, provides concise, up-to-date, and understandable explanations of key concepts in medical microbiology, immunology, and the microbes that cause human disease. Clear, engaging coverage of basic principles, immunology, laboratory diagnosis, bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology help you master the essentials of microbiology―effectively preparing you for your coursework, exams, and beyond.
- Features significant new information on the human microbiome and its influence on the immune and other body systems, and new developments in microbial diagnosis, treatment, diseases, and pathogens.
- Updates every chapter with state-of-the-art information and current literature citations.
- Summarizes detailed information in tabular format rather than in lengthy text.
- Provides review questions at the end of each chapter that correlate basic science with clinical practice.
- Features clinical cases that illustrate the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases.
- Introduces microbe chapters with summaries and trigger words for easy review.
- Highlights the text with clear, colorful figures, clinical photographs, and images that help you visualize the clinical presentation of infections.
- Offers additional study features online, including 200 self-assessment questions, microscopic images of the microbes, videos, and a new integrating chapter that provides hyperlinks between the microbes, the organ systems that they affect, and their diseases.
- Paperback: 872 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 9 edition (March 24, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323673228
- ISBN-13: 978-0323673228
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 1.5 x 10.5 inches