Fast Facts About Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs): A Nurse’s Guide to Expert Patient Care (Original PDF from Publisher)
This is the first book to provide practical and accessible guidance for frontline nurses in the delivery of effective, compassionate care to patients with STIs. With a focus on these infections as a growing global-health problem, this book helps facilitate early identification, treatment, and prevention, including counseling and behavioral interventions. This guide reviews common sexually transmitted diseases in depth, providing epidemiology, risk factors, signs and symptoms, long-term sequelae, disease transmission, diagnosis, and recommended treatment. It focuses on nursing-specific interventions that include understanding a sensitive and appropriate patient history, interpreting a holistic consideration of patient lifestyle, and linking population-specific patient education and counseling.
Written in quick-access Fast Facts format with bulleted information and concise paragraphs, each disease-related chapter provides a lifespan-specific section on pregnant women, adolescents and older adult patients, and nursing considerations for setting specific patient approaches. Links to government websites, such as updated screening guidelines, are incorporated throughout.
- Provides expert guidance from an accomplished forensic nurse/nurse midwife
- Addresses the most common STIs to facilitate accurate differential diagnosis and management
li>Considers to needs of special populations to provide individualized, culturally sensitive care
- Offers evidence-based patient information, prevention, and counseling guidance to maximize positive public health outcomes
- Item Weight:6.2 ounces
- Paperback:168 pages
- Product Dimensions:5 x 0.37 x 7.99 inches
- Publisher:Springer Publishing Company; 1st Edition (September 14, 2020)