Complications of Pain-Relieving Procedures: An Illustrated Guide (EPUB)
By Serdar Erdine, Peter S. Staats
A comprehensive exploration of potential complications arising from interventional pain therapies.
In Complications of Pain-Relieving Procedures: An Illustrated Guide, a team of distinguished pain specialists delivers a straightforward, extensively illustrated, and step-by-step guide to managing complications arising out of pain-relieving procedures and interventions. The book offers essential assistance to physicians by combining a wide range of potential complications into a single, comprehensive resource suited to quick review in real time. It will help readers determine the clinical steps necessary to avoid long-term consequences for patients.
This illustrated reference contains numerous images of the possible complications of specific procedures. Each chapter includes discussions of the anatomy of the target nerve, plexus or space, indications for the procedure, technical approaches with pictures, potential complications, and strategies for preventing complications. Finally, every chapter offers case reports describing adverse events and how they were dealt with.
The book also provides:
- A thorough introduction to the basic principles of interventional pain therapies, as well as the historical background of pain-relieving procedures
- Comprehensive explorations of the ethics of interventional pain management and patient assessment prior to the procedure
- Practical discussions of medicolegal and regulatory risks, including issues of informed consent, breach of the duty of care, adverse events, and licensure consequences
- In-depth examinations of the complications of systemic opiate therapy and alternative medication strategies
Perfect for interventional pain physicians, Complications of Pain-Relieving Procedures: An Illustrated Guide will also earn a place in the libraries of pain physicians, neurosurgeons, neurologists, physiatrists, and anesthesiologists.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (November 14, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 624 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119757274
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119757276
- ISBN-13 : 9781119757276
- eText ISBN: 9781119757283