Clinical Neurology and Neuroanatomy: A Localization-Based Approach, Second Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Aaron Berkowitz
An Engagingly Written Text That Bridges the Gap Between Neuroanatomy and Clinical Neurology
Clinical Neurology and Neuroanatomy provides a clear, logical discussion of the relationship between neuroanatomy, clinical localization, and the diagnosis and treatment of neurologic disease. Written in a concise, conversational style, this unique text offers a valuable overview of fundamental neuroanatomy and the clinical localization principles necessary to diagnose and treat patients with neurologic diseases and disorders.
The text is divided into main sections. Part I teaches the neuroanatomy essential for clinical localization and demonstrates how to apply this knowledge to clinical reasoning in developing a differential diagnosis for common neurologic symptoms including weakness, sensory changes, visual loss, ataxia, diplopia, anisocoria, and dizziness. A detailed overview of the neurologic examination and a primer on interpretation of neurodiagnostic tests with a focus on neuroimaging and CSF analysis is also included.
Part II provides an up-to-date synthesis of the diagnosis and treatment of neurologic diseases including epilepsy, stroke, neurologic infections, demyelinating diseases, dementia, movement disorders, neurologic complications of cancer and its treatment, and conditions of the peripheral nervous system. More than 50 radiologic images of common and rare neurologic conditions and over 30 tables summarizing key aspects of various conditions and their treatment are featured.
Clinical Neurology and Neuroanatomy is an ideal companion for students on their neurology rotation, neurology residents, and any healthcare practitioner looking for a quick, clear, up-to-date resource in neurology.
NEW IN THE UPDATED AND EXPANDED SECOND EDITION
- 26 new full-color neuroanatomy illustrations plus numerous high-resolution MRI and CTI scans
- New sections on multiple cranial neuropathies, vertical diplopia, basal ganglia circuitry, functional movement disorders, neurologic complications of immune checkpoint inhibitors and CAR T-cell therapy, and antibody-mediated neurologic diseases
- Updated and expanded tables including new treatments for seizures, multiple sclerosis, and migraine; recently described autoantibody-mediated conditions; and revised classification of brain tumors
- Updated chapter on strokes reviews the latest clinical trial data on acute stroke treatments, use of dual antiplatelet regimens, and PFO closure
- Publisher : McGraw Hill / Medical; 2nd edition (July 21, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1260453367
- ISBN-13 : 978-1260453362
- ISBN-13 : 9781260453362
- eText ISBN: 9781260453379