Pediatric Bronchoscopy for Clinicians (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Kara D. Meister, Don Hayes Jr.
This book is a quick reference guide and atlas for performing bronchoscopy in pediatric patients. It offers a multidisciplinary approach, incorporating the perspectives of pediatric pulmonology, otolaryngology, anesthesiology, and respiratory therapy by outlining important anatomic and physiologic considerations. It describes the basic and advanced techniques in performing flexible, rigid, and special bronchoscopy maneuvers and approaches. This book enhances the reader’s understanding of the critical skill of clinical evaluation and management of the pediatric airway. It is addressed to junior and senior trainees as well as early- and late-career clinicians involved in pediatric bronchoscopy as an on-the-go guide.
• Pays special attention to including widely applicable techniques that can be employed across a variety of domestic and international practical settings, complete with a wealth of accompanying videos and illustrations from real-world experiences that are easy to replicate and reference in practice.
● Promotes a multidisciplinary approach to the evaluation of the upper and lower airways in children with respiratory and aerodigestive pathology as the lines between pediatric pulmonology, otolaryngology, anesthesiology, surgery, critical care, and emergency medicine are blurring, thus providing wellequipped clinicians with a thorough perspective of all disciplines.
● Features bullet-pointed lists for pre-procedure evaluation, with procedural checklists, images, and videos, and serves as a portable, compact, and accessible quick reference guide.
- Publisher : CRC Press; 1st edition (September 1, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 158 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0367617293
- ISBN-13 : 978-0367617295
- ISBN-13 : 9780367617295
- eText ISBN: 9781000638738