Calculation of Drug Dosages: A Work Text,12th edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Sheila J. Ogden MSN RN, Linda Fluharty RNC MSN
Learn to calculate drug dosages accurately with this practical workbook-textbook! Calculation of Drug Dosages: A Work Text, 12th Edition makes it easy to understand and master the three major methods of dosage calculation ― ratio and proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis. A basic review of mathematics refreshes your math skills, and practice problems, worksheets, and practice tests help you gain confidence in making drug calculations. New to this edition are Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) practice problems preparing you for the critical thinking questions on the NGN exam. Written by nursing experts Sheila Ogden and Linda Fluharty, this worktext is ideal for nursing students and for nurses returning to practice!
- Learning objectives keep you focused and explain what you should accomplish upon the completion of each chapter.
- Logical structure organizes the material from simple to complex, making it easier to build upon and retain knowledge.
- Extensive math review covers the basic math skills essential for accurate calculation of drug dosages and helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Chapter worksheets allow you to practice solving realistic problems.
- Post-tests at the end of each chapter allow you to assess your understanding of content.
- Alert boxes highlight information crucial to math calculation and patient safety.
- Comprehensive post-test at the end of the book offers additional practice and measures your overall understanding.
- 40 flash cards on the Evolve website make it easy to study and review abbreviations, formulas, and conversions from the book.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® practice problems and case studies progress from simple to complex concepts and are included in chapters throughout the text.
- NEW! Coverage of heparin drip calculation describes how to calculate and administer an IV weight-based heparin bolus from the IV heparin.
- NEW! Added IV coverage is included in the IV Flow Rates and IV Flow Rates for Dosages Measured in Units chapters.
- NEW! Updated drug information and medication labels are added to this edition.
- Publisher : Mosby; 12th edition (March 16, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 656 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323826229
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323826228