Professional and Therapeutic Communication, 2nd Edition Original PDF 2020
Professional and Therapeutic Communication, second edition, provides health students with a comprehensive understanding of communication as they enter complex and diverse multidisciplinary healthcare environments. It guides students through concepts fundamental to both the professional and therapeutic elements of the care relationship and all aspects of interpersonal interaction that are essential to safe, high-quality healthcare.
This new edition includes rich pedagogical features to support student learning and additional content focusing on the important use of ‘self’ in communication that extend into concepts of reflection and supervision. It promotes skill development throughout, with an emphasis on diverse multidisciplinary healthcare environments to help students effectively communicate with patients, clients and consumers in contemporary healthcare settings.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- New and updated chapters promote skill development with an emphasis on self-care, theories and skills, and reflection and clinical supervision
- New and updated key terms embedded throughout each chapter help students remain engaged and supported throughout their learning
- New Skills in Practice features explore theory as it relates to practice
- updated Reflect and Apply activities encourage students to relate communication concepts to practice
- Group Activities in each chapter promote student collaboration and assist consolidation of knowledge in face-to-face and online environments.