How to Promote Wellbeing: Practical Steps for Healthcare Practitioners’ Mental Health (Original PDF)
Written specifically for busy healthcare practitioners, the book offers focused and succinct chapters on topics ranging from behaviours to improve resilience and mindfulness, to approaches for maintaining work-life balance when confronted with excessive workloads and organisational pressures. Throughout the text, evidence-based tools and techniques are provided to improve the practitioner’s health and facilitate the delivery of high-quality care. Covering a wide range of clinical situations and important issues, this book:
- Examines global, organisational, and individual problem factors affecting mental health and wellbeing
- Discusses the impacts of chronic stress, burnout, technological and environmental factors, work-associated trauma, and sources of wellbeing strain
- Identifies factors that negatively affect patients’ wellbeing in hospital, clinic, and outpatient settings
- Offers guidance for emergencies and available resources for those in personal crisis
- Includes a mental health and wellbeing toolkit, including assessments and strategies
How to Promote Wellbeing is indispensable reading for doctors, nurses, dentists, therapists, counsellors, and other clinicians and health professionals.