Head and Neck Cancer: Management and Reconstruction, 2nd Edition (EPUB)
By Eric M. Genden
Thieme congratulates Dr. Eric M. Genden on being chosen by New York magazine for its prestigious ‘Best Doctors 2018’ list!
Head and Neck Cancer: Management and Reconstruction, 2nd Edition by Eric M. Genden masterfully blends two lauded Thieme books, Reconstruction of the Head and Neck, focusing on defect repair, and Head and Neck Cancer, a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach to treatment. A significant increase in the incidence of oropharyngeal cancer in the U.S. and other countries, especially among men, is attributed to high-risk subtypes of the human papillomavirus (HPV). HPV associated tonsillar cancer and base of tongue cancer account for 90% of all oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Internationally renowned authors share the latest knowledge on HPV and other causes of head and neck cancers, from diagnosis to cutting-edge treatments.
Thirty richly illustrated chapters feature open and endoscopic ablative techniques for treating a full spectrum of carcinomas and associated defects of the buccal, mandible and composite, laryngeal, hypopharyngeal, and parotid. The book encompasses the nuances of each pathology, step-by-step procedural guidance, clinical pearls, and the latest reconstructive techniques such as 3-D. For each disease, the authors discuss management concepts followed by principles of reconstruction and functional rehabilitation. Special topics include patient surveillance, monoclonal antibodies and immunotherapy, microvascular reconstruction, and minimizing wound complications.
- State-of-the-art management of carcinomas impacting the oral and nasal cavities, salivary glands, oropharynx, hypopharynx, larynx, thyroid, anterior skull base, skin, and more
- A chapter devoted to transoral robotic management of the oropharynx includes epidemiology, etiology, anatomy, staging, clinical presentation, diagnosis, work-up, and case studies
- More than 300 high-quality illustrations and photos elucidate complex anatomy and surgical approaches
- Concise videos posted online in the Thieme MediaCenter provide insightful hands-on surgical guidance
This is the definitive, one-stop resource on the use of ablative and reconstructive approaches for head and neck cancers. Residents, fellows, and veteran practitioners in otolaryngology—head and neck surgery, radiation oncology, and medical oncology will benefit from this comprehensive reference.
- Publisher : Thieme; 2nd edition (September 13, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 448 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1626232318
- ISBN-13 : 978-1626232310