Evidence-based Clinical Chinese Medicine: Volume 13: Post-Stroke Spasticity (Original PDF from Publisher)
The thirteen volume in the Evidence-based Clinical Chinese Medicine series is a must read for Chinese medicine practitioners interested in neurology or rehabilitation. Using a ‘whole evidence’ approach, this book aims to provide an analysis of the management of post-stroke spasticity with Chinese and integrative medicine.
This book describes the understanding and management of post-stroke spasticity with conventional medicine and Chinese medicine. Chinese medicine treatments used in past eras are analysed through data mining of classical Chinese medicine books. Several treatments are identified that are still used in contemporary clinical practice.
Attention is then turned to evaluating the current state of evidence from clinical studies using an evidence-based medicine approach. Scientific techniques are employed to evaluate the results from studies of Chinese herbal medicine, acupuncture and other Chinese medicine therapies. The findings from these reviews are discussed in terms of the implications for clinical practice and research.
Chinese medicine practitioners and students can use this book as a desktop reference to support clinical decision making. Having ready access to the current state of evidence for herbal formulas and acupuncture treatments allows practitioners to be confident in providing evidence-based health care.
This book provides:
- A focus on the management of post-stroke spasticity with Chinese medicine comprising information from a vast array of resources. Much of the content is sourced from the Chinese literature, which is inaccessible to many practitioners.
- The systematic evaluation of traditional and classical treatments provides historical background, context and origins of Chinese medical management of post-stroke spasticity, and draws parallels with contemporary practice.
- Assessments of the evidence from clinical studies using scientific methods.
With this information provided in an easy to use reference, practitioners can focus on giving high quality care supported by the best available evidence.
- Hardcover:306 pages
- Item Weight:1.27 pounds
- Publisher:WSPC; 1st Edition (July 14, 2020)
- Product Dimensions:6 x 0.75 x 9 inches