Clinical Applications of Digital Dental Technology, 2nd Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Carl F. Driscoll, Radi Masri
Comprehensive overview of digital dentistry describing available technologies and when/how to use digital dentistry in practice
Clinical Applications of Digital Dental Technology provides comprehensive yet practical references to a wide range of potential uses for digital technology in dental practice, discussing a wide range of digital technologies including their indications, contraindications, advantages, disadvantages, limitations, and applications. Overall, the book emphasizes how to use digital dentistry in daily practice across all specialties.
With broad coverage of the subject, Clinical Applications of Digital Dental Technology discusses digital imaging, digital impressions, digital prosthodontics, digital implant planning and placement, and digital applications in endodontics, orthodontics, and oral surgery. Each chapter is written by experts in each topic and covers applications for prosthodontics, implant dentistry, oral surgery, endodontics, orthodontics, and other specialty areas.
Clinical Applications of Digital Dental Technology also includes information on:
- Software, scanning, and manufacturing capabilities which have led to an unparalleled revolution leading to a major paradigm shift in all aspects of dentistry
- Digital radiography, virtual planning, computer-aided design and manufacturing, digital impressions, digitally fabricated dentures, and the “virtual patient”
- Available technologies, plus a critical evaluation of each one to detail how they are incorporated in daily practice across all specialties
- Developing technologies in the field with special attention paid to those expected to be on the market sometime in the near future
Clinical Applications of Digital Dental Technology is an essential resource for general dentists, specialists, and students who wish to understand digital dentistry and efficiently and intelligently incorporate it into their practices. The text is also useful for laboratory technicians interested in recent digital advances in the dental field.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 2nd edition (February 22, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 400 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119800587
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119800583