CBT and Existential Psychology: Philosophy, Psychology and Therapy (EPUB)
By Michael Worrell
CBT and EXISTENTIAL PSYCHOLOGY
Explore the possibilities and challenges of bringing two highly diverse disciplines—CBT and existential therapy—into dialogue
In CBT and Existential Psychology: Philosophy, Psychology and Therapy, distinguished clinical psychologist Dr Michael Worrell delivers a singular exploration of the relationship between diverse forms of contemporary cognitive behaviour therapy and existential phenomenology. Written for both experienced and beginning CBT therapists, as well as therapists who practice from an existential perspective, this book clarifies and discusses the potential and challenges presented when these two different schools of thought and practice are brought into dialogue.
The author outlines, in accessible fashion, the implications and possibilities offered by the combination of CBT and existential practice. He also presents a series of discussions with the highly experienced CBT therapists, researchers, and trainers, Tomas Heidenreich and Alexander Noyon, and existential therapy leader Ernesto Spinelli.
The book includes a series of “existential reflections” and experiential exercises to allow the reader to develop an understanding of descriptive phenomenological approaches to therapeutic conversations.
Readers will also find:
- A thorough introduction to existential philosophy, psychology, and therapy, including the theory and practice of existential therapy
- Comprehensive discussions of cognitive and behavioural psychotherapies, including Beckian CBT, schema-focused therapies, and constructivist, narrative, and postmodern CBT
- In-depth explorations of existential challenges and contributions to therapy, including discussions of anxiety, possibility, and uncertainty
- Enlightening dialogues on CBT and existential psychology with Tomas Heidenreich, Alexander Noyon, and Ernesto Spinelli
Perfect for beginning and advanced CBT and existential therapists, CBT and Existential Psychology: Philosophy, Psychology and Therapy will also earn a place in the libraries of trainee clinical and counselling psychologists, as well as integrative and humanistic psychotherapists.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (December 27, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 352 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119310962
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119310969