Cancer Rehabilitation 2E: Principles and Practice (Original PDF)
Praise for the previous edition:
“This book is a milestone and must-have for anyone involved in the care of those with cancer.””
–American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
“This reference provides a comprehensive, pragmatic approach for physical medicine physicians; speech, occupational, and physical therapists; and nurses with cancer survivor responsibilities…[A]ny cancer program with significant rehabilitation services will find this a useful addition to its library.”
–JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association)
This completely revised second edition of the gold-standard reference on cancer rehabilitation provides a state-of-the-art overview of the principles of cancer care and best practices for restoring function and quality of life to cancer survivors. Authored by some of the world’s leading cancer rehabilitation experts and oncology specialists, the book opens with primer-level discussions of the various cancer types and their assessment and management, including potential complications, as a foundation for providing safe and effective rehabilitation. Subsequent sections thoroughly explore the identification, evaluation, and treatment of specific impairments and disabilities that result from cancer and the treatment of cancer. Designed to serve the needs of the entire medical team, this singular resource is intended for any clinician working with cancer survivors to improve function and quality of life.
With several new chapters on topics such as inpatient cancer rehabilitation, pediatric oncology, research issues, and barriers to accessing cancer rehabilitation and building a cancer rehabilitation program, the book keeps pace with recent advances in the growing field of cancer rehabilitation. This new edition features updates throughout and expansions to major topics, including imaging in cancer and key disorders such as aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgias. Presenting the most current medical, clinical, and rehabilitation intelligence, this is a mandatory reference for anyone in the field.
- New edition of the only contemporary comprehensive text covering the field of cancer rehabilitation
- Revised and updated to reflect current knowledge, practice, and emerging topics
- Covers essential aspects of oncology and medical complications of cancer to inform rehabilitation decisions and strategies
- Provides state-of-the-art reviews on all major topics in cancer rehabilitation, including pain assessment and management, neuromuscular and musculoskeletal dysfunction, neurologic, and general rehabilitation issues
- 13 new chapters and expanded coverage of signature areas
- Key points are provided for each chapter to reinforce learning
- Digital access to the ebook included